Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tousled & Tangled... from a natural sistas prospective

Hey lovelies....

Today is Tousled Tuesday so we're going to talk about hair.  What hair type are you? I'm a 4b!! There is so much to learn when it comes to natural hair because caring for it is pretty much the exact opposite of what your were raised with... am I right?  Being natural you want moisture, moisture and more moisture!! Relaxed you want nooooooooooooooo moisture at all  because your roots might curl.......ha!!! I've been there and did that for over 30 years!!! Chile I'm never going back!!! I love the versatility of having natural hair. So here are a few of the questions that I've been asked. Co wash or NO?????  How often do I shampoo???? What products do I use???? What do I do??? ? Help????These are a few of the questions that I've been asked. So lets talk about it...
1.  co-washing is the preferred method of "washing" . Co-washing is washing your hair with conditioner.
2.  it's best not to go more than 2 weeks w/o shampooing your hair with shampoo to get rid of excess products.
3.   a few of the products I use are Shea Moisture products, Argon Oil products, Organix products, and a mixture of natural oils.
I've also used an oil rinse or hot oil treatment once monthly using the natural oils I have!
These are the products I use but there truly is no real cut and dry or right or wrong. It's all trial and error!!!! You have to keep trying until you find the right combination of products that work well with your hair type!!! The most important thing to remember is NOT to get discouraged in your journey and love your hair through every phase.

I hope this helps...Next Tuesday we'll talk more about your Tousled Tangled hair.......

until then have a soFACEticated day!!! 



These are the products I use in the colder months!!! All products can be found @ Sally's Beauty Supply and Target. Price range $2.99 - $11.99. 

Disclosure: these are strictly my opinions!!! 

4 comments:

  1. I use the keratin when I flatiron my natural hair. Works like a dream

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Keratin conditioner from Organix. What type of Keratin product do you use? Do you use it as a heat protectant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find when I do, my hair doesn't have a lot of body. I use the Palmers deep conditioning pack. I am not sure if it helps but I look cute when I'm done! Smile

      Delete
  3. Ok, where do you find Palmer's? I would like to try it! I love trying new things! Do you find that when you roller set your hair and let it air dry it gives you more body?

    ReplyDelete